- This event has passed.
Revolutionizing Nutrition Financing: Nutrition for Growth Side Event
December 6, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Nutrition is facing a $8.7bn annual gap in financing. All signs suggest that after a decade of growth, ‘traditional’ grant aid for nutrition has peaked and is likely in decline. The sector must look towards innovative financing solutions to plug the chasm of financing and meet global nutrition needs.
This session intends to share solutions and mobilise new thinking around the N4G Cross-Cutting theme of “Securing new investment and driving innovation in nutrition financing”. It will bring together various organisations, representing different sectors, to pool thinking on structuring innovative financing mechanisms. The session will offer tangible views on how to mobilize new capital at scale, towards revolutionizing nutrition funding and make the sector less dependent on traditional financing flows.
• Simon Bishop, Chief Executive Officer, The Power of Nutrition (Moderator)
• Andy Herscowitz, Chief Development Officer, U.S. International Development Finance Corporation (DFC)
• Jim Barnhart, Deputy Coordinator for Development, Feed the Future, USAID
• Roberta Bove, Programme Lead, Nutritious Food Financing, GAIN
• Preeth Gowdar, Director, Palladium Impact Capital
• Lawrence Haddad, Executive Director, GAIN
• Will Moore, Chief Executive Officer, Eleanor Crook Foundation
• Ertharin Cousin, Founder and CEO, Food Systems for the Future; Distinguished Fellow, The Chicago Council on Global Affairs
• Bettina Prato, Senior Coordinator, Smallholder and Agri-SME Finance and Investment Network (SAFIN)